Two months to year Swaziland was changed the name of his country to eSwatini

THE leader of a small African nation has officially changed the name of his country because he said it keeps getting confused with Switzerland.

King Mswati III made the surprise announcement on APRIL 20, 2018 that the country previously known as Swaziland would, from now on, be known as the “Kingdom of eSwatini”.

The ruler is able to make the decree as he is one of the world’s last absolute monarchs who has complete control over his country’s affairs.

His fiefdom is not the only country that has had issues with its name. In 2016 the Czech Republic also introduced a new name — Czechia

Swaziland is only slightly larger in size than the Greater Sydney area, and has a population of around 1.3 million — about the same as Adelaide. Entirely landlocked, it borders the eastern fringe of South Africa and southern Mozambique.

King Mswati made the declaration at a stadium in the capital Mbabane at an event to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the country’s independence from Britain, reported the BBC.

The new name “eSwatini” means the same as the old name — “place of the Swazis” — but is in the local language.

“I would like to announce that Swaziland will now revert to its original name,” he said.

“African countries on getting independence reverted to their ancient names before they were colonised. So from now on the country will officially be known as the Kingdom of eSwatini.”

Man Arrested For Shooting Drone

A New South Wales man has allegedly taken the law into his own hands in an extreme response to a drone that was being flown by a real estate agent near his property.

Police allege the 46-year-old man yesterday aimed his rifle at the drone while it was mid-flight and open fire in Burrell Creek, on the state’s Mid North Coast.

The incident unfolded when a real estate agent attended the property on Dickinsons Road to fly the drone and take aerial footage about 10.30am.Image result for drone

It’s alleged an occupant of the property used a firearm to shoot the drone. He was arrested and has since been charged with multiple drug and firearms offences.

During a search of the property, officers allegedly found 187 cannabis plants, 20 kilograms of dried drug, and cash.

They also searched a location about five kilometres from the property and allegedly found an unregistered .22 calibre rifle.

The accused man was arrested and taken to Taree Police Station where he was charged with eight firearms and drug offences.

He was bail refused to appear at Forster Local Court today.

A few hours later another man, 57, was arrested in an unrelated police operation after they allegedly discovered him near a crop of 230 cannabis plants in the Banyabba Nature Reserve north of Grafton.

He was charged with cultivating cannabis and ordered to appear at Grafton Local Court on Friday

As the web turns 30, is it an ‘out-of-control monster’?

Thirty years ago this month, a young British software engineer working in a lab near Geneva invented a system for scientists to share information that would ultimately change humanity.

But three decades after he invented the World Wide Web, Tim Berners-Lee has warned his creation has been “hijacked by crooks” that may spell its destruction.

Mr Berners-Lee’s old office at Europe’s physics lab CERN now looks no different than the others lining the long, nondescript corridor within the expansive compound.Tim Berners-Lee, the man who invented the internet's World Wide Web, in his Massachusetts Institute of Technology office in Cambridge, Mass, with his original web server.

The only indication that history was made here is a small commemorative plaque and a page from an old CERN directory hung on the door, with “MOMENTARILY OUT OF OFFICE!” written in jest next to Mr Berners-Lee’s name.

“Tim worked a lot,” said technician Francois Fluckiger, who took charge of the web team after Mr Berners-Lee left for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1994.

“The lights were always on in his office,” Mr Fluckiger recalled.

HISTORY IN THE MAKING

Tim Berners-Lee was responsible for CERN’s internal directory but was interested in ways to allow the thousands of scientists around the world who co-operated with the lab to more easily share their work.

His vision for “a decentralised information management system” soon gave birth to the web.

Primitive forms of the internet — a network linking computers — had previously existed, but the World Wide Web allowed web pages to be collected and accessed with a browser.

“Very early on, we had the feeling that history was in the making,” Mr Fluckiger said.

In 1990, Belgian scientist Robert Cailliau came on board to help promote the invention, which used Hypertext Markup Language, or HTML, as a standard to create web pages.Tim Berners-Lee, founder of the web internet, at an international World Wide Web conference.

They created the Hypertext Transfer Protocol, or HTTP, which allowed users to access resources by clicking on hyperlinks, and also Uniform Resource Locators, or URLs, as a website address system.

At the end of 1990, Mr Berners-Lee set CERN’s first web navigator server into action.The browser was released outside of CERN in early 1991, first to other research institutions and later to the public.

Mr Fluckiger, now retired, hailed the web as one of three major inventions in the 20th century that enabled the digital society, alongside the Internet Protocol (IP) and Google’s search algorithms.

But he lamented the “online bullying, fake news, and mass hysteria” that flourished online as well as threats to privacy.

“One has to ask oneself if we did not, in the end, create a completely out-of-control monster,” he said.

Health: Body Fitness with Deborah Hutton 

Age can be the scariest number in the entertainment industry but not for Deborah Hutton. Days away from her 57th birthday, the fashion and lifestyle icon says she has never felt better, more excited or more energetic.

“I love the age I am,” she says.

“Turning 50 was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I wouldn’t change it for anything.

“But I want to feel this way in 10 years time and 20 years time. As excited by life as I am now, I want that to continue.

“What really terrifies me is getting to a place where I can no longer be active and no longer do all the things I love.”

The list of things Deborah loves is long and growing longer; she’s an online media entrepreneur, a keen and talented golfer and an enthusiastic cook.

Her energy seems boundless and the secret, she says, is staying curious, embracing change and learning new skills — even ones she never thought she’d need.

One such skill set arrived this year, when Deborah embarked on a mammoth knock-down and rebuild renovation project on her home.

All about Boeing’s 737 Max, the flight ban and investigations

Following two deadly crashes in Ethiopia and Indonesia, Boeing is confronting momentous problems with one of its newest and most critical aircraft models, the 737 Max 8.

Now that President Donald Trump and the Federal Aviation Administration have ordered that the US join a swath of countries in grounding the aircraft, it’s banned from flying passengers globally. The developments are a huge blow to Boeing, which has thousands of 737 Max orders on its books. Two crashes in five months is a troubling record for an airliner that entered service barely two years ago.

The causes of both crashes, which at this point appear to be similar, are still under investigation and the official reports won’t be published for months. Until then, here’s what we know:

What’s the current status of the Max 8?

Most operators quickly grounded their planes in the days following the second crash on Sunday. That list includes both Ethiopian Airlines and Lion Air, but also AeroMexico, Aerolíneas Argentinas, GOL Linhas Aéreas (Brazil), Turkish Airlines, S7 Airlines (Russia), FlyDubai, Air Italy, Cayman Airways, Norwegian, China Eastern Airlines, Fiji Airways and Royal Air Maroc.

More than 40 countries also banned the 737 Max from flying in their airspace. China (a huge Boeing customer and a fast-growing commercial aviation market) led the way and was joined by Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, India, Oman, the European Union and Singapore. Canada waited until early Wednesday morning but then reversed course.

Up until Wednesday, the FAA also declined to join the grounding order, saying in a statement tweeted on Tuesday that there is “no basis to order grounding the aircraft.” That was despite a public outcry from a group of senators and two flight attendant unions. But along with Trump’s order, the agency said it issued the order due to new evidence it collected and analyzed. The grounding will remain in effect pending further investigation.

Southwest and American have confirmed they will pull their 737 Max 8s from service and adjust their schedules to make up for the lost aircraft. The only other holdout, Panama’s Copa Airlines, has grounded its planes, as well. The order also affects the 737 Max 9, currently in service with United Airlines.

Older 737 models, like the 737-700, 737-800 and 737-900 don’t use the flight control system under investigation and aren’t affected by the grounding order.

Report: NHTSA may let control-less vehicles test on public roads, report

The car industry is spending money on self-driving cars like it’s going out of style, and up until this point, all of their development vehicles have had controls so that a human driver can take over. That might not always be the case, though, and the US government is curious how the average American feels about that, according to a report published Friday by Reuters.

To that end, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is opening up a period of public comment on petitions by several self-driving car developers that are seeking exemptions from Federal vehicle safety standards.

For example, Kroger’s little grocery delivery pod producer, Nuro, wants to build its autonomous vehicles without a windshield. The car has no driver and no provisions for a driver, so a windshield is unnecessary. However, federal vehicle guidelines mandate that one exist.

“We’ve worked closely with NHTSA and other regulators to make sure our technology complies with relevant laws and is positioned to deliver maximum benefit to our customers and their communities,” said a Nuro representative in a statement to Roadshow. “If approved, this exemption will be a notable and responsible step toward realizing those goals, and we look forward to input from regulators and the public about how to deliver them.”

Climate strike: US students walk out of classes as part of global protest

 Scores of young people, including many students staging a walkout from school, attend the Philly Youth Climate Strike in Philadelphia’s Love Park in solidarity with dozens of similar marches around the world, March 15, 2019. Their concerns include unchecked pollution and other environmental risk factors they feel are not being adequately addressed by adults in government and society. Photograph: Michael Candelori/REX/Shutterstock

Scores of young people, including many students staging a walkout from school, attend the Philly Youth Climate Strike in Philadelphia’s Love Park in solidarity with dozens of similar marches around the world, March 15, 2019. Their concerns include unchecked pollution and other environmental risk factors they feel are not being adequately addressed by adults in government and society.Tens of thousands of young people took to the streets on Friday with a clear message to world leaders: act now to save our planet and our future from the climate emergency.

These schoolchildren have grasped something that seems to elude many of their elders: we are in a race for our lives, and we are losing. The window of opportunity is closing – we no longer have the luxury of time, and climate delay is almost as dangerous as climate denial.

My generation has failed to respond properly to the dramatic challenge of climate change. This is deeply felt by young people. No wonder they are angry…

That is why I am bringing world leaders together at a climate action summit later this year. I am calling on all leaders to come to New York in September with concrete, realistic plans to enhance their nationally determined contributions by 2020, in line with reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 45% over the next decade, and to net zero by 2050.

Accident: Buhari reacts as trailer crushes traders in Onitsha

President Muhammadu Buhari has condoled with families of those who lost their lives in a tanker accident in Onitsha, Anambra State, on Wednesday.

Mr Femi Adesina, the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity in a statement in Abuja on Thursday, said Buhari commiserated with the government and people of Anambra State over the sad incident.

He urged hospitals to give the survivors effective medical attention.

President Buhari prayed that the Almighty God would grant families of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss and grant quick recovery to the injured.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that at least seven persons were confirmed dead when a kerosene-laden tanker rammed into traders on the Upper Iweka Road in Onitsha, Anambra, on Wednesday.

The tanker driver was believed to have lost control of the vehicle and knocked down 18 people.

Jaguar mauled a woman for Taking selfies in the zoo

Selfie ; A woman was mauled by a Jaguar after the crossed the barrier at a zoo to take a selfie with the animal.

Over the weekend, a woman climbed over a barrier to the jaguar enclosure at Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona for a picture when one of the big cats reached out and attacked her arm.

Luckily for her, she sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

Witnesses told officials that the woman had crossed over the barrier in order to take the photo, and that the animal never left her enclosure but was able to grab the woman when she came close. Unfortunately encounters like this aren’t uncommon and can often lead to the animal being killed, like in the shooting death of Harambe the gorilla and Margaash the leopard.

A spokesman for the Rural Metro Fire Department, said the woman, who is in her 30s, climbed over a barrier at the zoo to get closer to the jaguar’s enclosure so that she could get a selfie with the animal.

The jaguar reached out and grabbed her arm with its paw, leaving severe lacerations. The woman was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.

”My son asked me to pray for him before he left home” father of six-year-old who died in Lagos school building collapse says

The father of one of the children who was killed in the Ohen Nursery and Primary school building collapse, has narrated how his six year old child, Fawad, asked him to pray for him just before going to school that ill-fated morning.

Mr Abdulfatah Ayoola while fighting back tears, told TheCable that his son had finished eating and was on his way out when he unusually asked him to pray for him. He never knew that as he laid his hand on his child’s head to pray for him that it will be the last he will see him.

“He woke up late for school. After taking his breakfast, he requested for money but I told him there’s no need for money since he has his lunch with him. Then he said, ‘daddy, pray for me  before I go’, and I did exactly as he requested. He walked to school which is just few metres from the house.

I don’t think I can sleep tonight. My late son and I did almost everything together; we ate together, prayed together, spent time discussing. I was introducing him to life because he was my eldest child,” Ayoola said.

Mr Ayoola broke down in tears, narrating how he contemplated enrolling Fawad in another school but did not go ahead with the plan because his late son was rounding off his primary education.

“I visited Kings’ College not too long and liked the academic atmosphere. and I was assured that an interview date will be communicated to me soon but now I can’t take him there anymore because Fawad is gone. God gives and take, we cannot question Him. All I need to do now is pray for him, console the mother, I know of a family who lost four of their children in the building, what will be their fate? Praise be to Allah for everything.”the distraught father said

Fawad has been buried at the Ikoyi cemetery in accordance with Islamic rites.